Christine Knight’s Resume
- 10 years of editing and proofreading experience, including sub editing a national print magazine, online editor of a popular website, running my own websites, and freelancing as an editor for other writers and websites.
- Digital marketing campaign strategy and execution – managing events, creating newsletters, websites, blog posts, direct email marketing, AdWords, brand collateral, client-facing vertical websites.
- 14 years experience writing for various publications (print and online), advertorials and corporate copywriting (includes email marketing and website copy, PR and marketing collateral).
- Writing and marketing strategy. Previous clients in industries such as retail, travel, CPG, and include brands such as ebay.com, Nestle, Lonely Planet, Flight Center and lastminute.com.
- Team management – freelance contributors, vendors and junior staff.
- Five years experience at Google working with agencies and clients on search engine marketing campaigns as a creative strategist. Roles included copywriting, marketing and advertising strategies, meeting ROI metrics.
- Partnership management – building and maintaining partnerships with publishers (while at Google) and brands such as Stokke, Skip Hop, 7am Enfant (for my website brunchwithmybaby.com).
- Editorial calendar creation and management.
- Social media management.
Founder: Adventure, Baby! Oct 2014
Navigating the world and parenthood. A rebranding of Brunch With My Baby.
Founder: Brunchwithmybaby.com, Oct 2012
Restaurant reviews with a twist: Brunch With My Baby is a website profiling places to eat, play and explore with kids in NYC, Sydney & Singapore.
- Website creation, copywriting and management.
- Writing restaurant reviews.
- Ad platform and ad network management.
- Writing articles, editing contributor articles.
- Managing city editors and contributors in NYC, Sydney and Singapore.
- Social media management.
- Business development: building and maintaining partnerships with brands such as aden + anais, Stokke, Chobani Yogurt, Britax, Babiators, Dapple Baby, 7 A.M Enfant, Appaman, Pediped, local businesses such as Annie’s Blue Ribbon Store and Babesta, publications such as Time Out New York Kids and chefs/restaurant owners such as Dominique Ansel.
- Managing SEO for website.
- Sourcing, writing and managing competitions.
- Marketing and PR.
- Managing the editorial calendar.
- Style guide, marketing kit and branding document creation.
Freelance writing, January 2012 – current
Clients include: Google Creative Lab, Google Apps for Enterprise, Refinery29, Birchbox.com, Fisher Price, Ogilvy, redtri.com, pescommunications.com, broadsheet.com.au, MommyNearest App, sparkline.com.
Contributor for websites including: Huffington Post, aiminglow.com, thefussybabysite.com, Kidz Central Station, wellroundedny.com, brooklynbridgeparents.com, wellroundedny.com, Kidville Voices, aden + anais, Hip and Healthy Kids, Seriously Soupy.
Strategic Partner Manager and Au/NZ Online Partnership Group Marketing Lead, Google, March 2010 – March 2011
- Working with a portfolio of Australia and New Zealand’s top publishers to grow their businesses through AdSense, DFP Small Business and AdMob.
- Website creation and copywriting for AdSense events. Example: Mobile Innovation for Publishers Day.
- Australian lead for AdSense marketing, communication, publisher engagement activities and events.
- Driving direct marketing campaigns for JAPAC region.
- Mass communication: Creating and driving newsletters for managed and unmanaged publishers, and tracking results.
- Drove and scripted an AdSense “meet the team” video, and used video to market the local team.
- Event management.
- Budgets: Managing the Online Partnership Group AU/NZ marketing budget.
- Cross-sell: Creating innovative ways to cross sell products via direct mail outs. Eg: AdSense/DFP Small Business and upselling top tier publishers.
- Product development: Working with international Blogger.com team on improving Blogger.com monetisation.
YouTube Community Manager, Google, Sydney, July 2009 – March 2011 (10% role)
- Managing all editorial content on YouTube.com.au.
- Managing editorial content on the YouTube Australia blog.
- Building relationships with YouTube community leaders, partners such as Village Roadshow, Universal Music and Sony Music to create special content for features such as YouTube homepage curation.
- Working with business development, marketing and PR teams on YouTube initiatives and events.
Account Strategist, Google, Sydney, June 2005 – March, 2010
- Promoted to associate strategist in January 2007 and to strategist in November 2008.
- Created/managed a retail industry site and monthly newsletter for clients.
- Retail industry specialist, clients included eBay, Harvey Norman, Bing Lee, GetPrice, Big Brown Box, IKEA, Coles, Greysonline, JB HiFi,
- Shopping.com, Westfields, Deals Direct.
- Creating search engine marketing campaigns for clients.
- Strategy meetings with clients & leading agencies to help them best market their brand to their target audience.
- Building keyword lists and ad copy for client advertising campaigns.
- Managing online advertising accounts to meet budgets, ROI, cost-per-conversion and branding metrics.
- Managed display ad creation deadlines, campaign logistics, campaign calendars and budgets.
Online Editor/Sub Editor/Writer, DOLLY Magazine, Sydney, October 2002 – April 2005
Writing and editing articles, both editorial and advertorial, and managing the DOLLY website. I was responsible for writing all of the content for the site, choosing images, uploading the content and images, writing and sending out newsletters and creating special features for the site such as surveys and competitions. My role also involved liaising closely with ninemsn (partner company who half-own the magazine), DOLLY advertising and marketing, writing and editing numerous advertising campaigns for clients.
Editorial Co-ordinator / Production Co-ordinator / Junior Writer (November 2000 – September 2002), COSMOPOLITAN Magazine
Managing all editorial office processes, production processes and writing articles.
- The Australian College of Journalism and University of Technology, Sydney; Certificates in Print Editing and Better Writing Skills, 2002
- Macquarie University, North Ryde, NSW; Bachelor of Media, 2000